Summer is fast approaching, and with it comes Christmas and the January school holidays. Lots of us take the opportunity to go away on vacation, and in the vast majority of cases, this means making arrangements for the care of pets.
Unless you’re lucky enough to have willing family, friends, or a neighbour close by who is dedicated and able to look after your pet in your absence, you’ll need to make alternative arrangements. These can depend very much on what type of pet you have.
Cats and dogs will commonly be sent to a boarding facility or kennel. The local vet is also an option – and these will also care for rabbits, ferrets, and other small domestic creatures. There is a better alternative, however…
Urban Paws offers a Pet Sitting Service. Personalised pet sitters come to your home on a daily basis, providing care, attention, and love to your pet. The benefits of this include:
• Your pet’s routine in not interrupted
• Your pet need not go on any distressing car trips
• Your pet will be surrounded by its familiar environment, with all the smells of home
• Your pet will miss you less than it would if taken to a foreign environment
• Your pet will avoid the distress of being in the company of other animals (particularly important in cats who can be less than sociable)
• Your pet will be fed, cleaned up after, petted, and given some all-important one-on-one human attention and love during the visit.
• Additional complimentary services include mail collection, garbage disposal, and plant watering if requested in advance.
• Your home will appear to be “lived in” during your absence – which reduces the risk of being targeted for robbery while you’re away.
At Urban Paws, a cat visit lasts for thirty minutes, and a dog visit lasts for an hour (with a walk included in each visit). Other small domestic animals can be visited as well, with up to two pets per household covered for our nominal rates.
If you want to take advantage of our pet sitting service over the high season (Christmas to New Year and into the January school holidays), NOW is the time to book! It is a very busy time of year and booking early is the only guarantee of securing a place for your pet in our schedule…
Contact us TODAY for pet sitting in the following areas: Altona, Ascot Vale, Brunswick, Carlton, Deer Park, Fitzroy, Flemington, Footscray, Kensington, Kingsville, Maribyrnong, Moonee Ponds, Newport, North Melbourne, Port Melbourne, Seddon, Spotswood, Williamstown, and Yarraville.